Monday, November 9, 2009

Our week in pictures

Si had a special night tonight! Armondo's parents and nephew, Brandon were in town all weekend so that they and Traci could spread Mondo's ashes at the Grand Canyon. Tonight some friends had a BBQ in their honor before they head back to Ohio tomorrow. Armondo Sr. made Josiah this beautiful wooden race car! I just can not wait to see him racing it all over the house! We are so blessed to know the Tijerinas.

Josiah had a rough little night as you might be able to tell (just a little tummy ache that I am happy to report are very few and far between these days) but he LOVED Brandon! It was very cute to see them get to know each other! Another big tough guy bites the dust in the presence of a baby! Well a crying baby, but cute none-the-less.

Si also LOVES his daddy! Thank you, Lord that we are able to have such flexible work schedules that allow Caleb and I to share childcare and be with our son almost all the time! It is so fun to see Caleb as a daddy! One thing is for sure though, Si will not learn ANYTHING about fashion from him! See below:

(what you can't see about this outfit that makes it even worse is that the "shirt" is actually a whole outfit with shorts attached...it's like a unitard of sorts....the kind that you don't put pants over) This is what happens when I work the early shift and Caleb gets him dressed!

I recently bought the cutest little "Baby Yoga" DVD! I love it. It is a yoga/palates workout that incorportates play with your baby as well as baby massage and baby yoga. I am sure someone just made up the term "baby yoga" but I bet it sells a lot of DVDs. We love it! We are learning lots of fun ways to play together and Si really loves the stretching and massage! Don't worry, Si will also be super manly, as soon as we can start including weapons and violence in our play, I am sure we will!


We had our friend Maggie over to play the other day. It was my first afternoon with a 3 month old and 7 month old together. They did great, but WOW was I tired, you really do need some extra arms for that job!


Caleb and I have been trying to take some videos since Si has been SO cute lately! He has this adorable and histerical little giggle, the kind where he is just learning how to get the giggle out but rather than the cute, high pitched kid giggle, it is this loud coughing noice with a huge smile! It is absolutely precious and makes me feel like the funniest person in the world when I hear it directed at me! What an awesome feeling! Unfortunately Si is much better live than on camera...he tends to stop rolling, giggling, smiling when he sees the camera come out and just stars at it. So we'll keep trying to capture the perfect video that shows off just how awesome he is, but you really have to see it to believe how blessed we are to be his parents!


Josiah will be 4 months tomorrow! Can you believe it?! I will try to remember to take a picture tomorrow so we can all capture exactly how he looked at 4 months even! I really had awesome intentions of getting some professional pictures taken when he was 3 months so I could put one in a little "3 month" frame I have but since there are only a few hours left of 3 months and 30 days and none of them are during business hours; I don't think I am going to make it. Here's to good intentions.

1 comments:

MaryJane said...

Love the pics and video! Caleb, have you thought about investing in a Bumbo? That way Si can sit up and you don't have to hold him! He did seem to think it was pretty fun to fall over, though! Love you guys.