Tuesday, November 17, 2009

bath time

We love bath time around here! Here is a typical scenrio that plays out in our house when Caleb and I bathe Josiah together...

Caleb: Gets the baby bath down from it's hiding place and runs the water in the sink to get it to a nice warm-but-not-hot temperature.

Anna: Gets Josiah undressed, gathers the wash cloths and towel and changes his diaper (but doesn't put a new one on since we are going to put him in the bath).

Caleb: Doesn't get the bath water warmed up fast enough to accomodate a smooth transition....or Anna is just too lightening fast at her job....you could look at it either way ;)

Anna: Ends up holding an adorable naked baby waiting for the right temperature and praying that he will "hold it" long enough to at least submurge him in water

He doesn't always make it! On this particular occasion I held him just a little too long and our little naked baby peed all over me (as well as created a sizeable puddle on the floor) before we could get him in the bath! I think Joisah's face says it all....and then I showered.
We have a friend that let us borrow her new tub. It is bucket-like, I can't remember right now what it is called but as soon as I get a link to the website she ordered it from, I am getting one! It is shaped this way to simulate "what a baby experiences in the womb". (That statement is in quotes because I am not sure how 'they' know what a baby experiences in the womb and also because I hate the word womb.) Well, all that really matters is that Josiah LOVES it! It is so much better than a regular baby tub...as soon as our new flower petal tub gets here we are 86ing the old one! He is able to sit up strait in this tub without being held and he really enjoyed his bath. Also, we are able to keep most of his body under water so he doesn't get cold at all! Love it!

I feel like there may need to be a disclaimer that no babies have been exploited in the making of this blog...I probably will never, ever post another picture of my baby naked but decided you all would enjoy our cutie and that 4 months may be about the cut off for even the most modest nakedness. A great friend of ours commented that these are the pictures that will be on Si's wedding slide show! I couldn't agree more!

2 comments:

The Butorac's said...

He is so stinking cute! We are quickly learning that you cannot leave a little baby boy completely "exposed" for very long or you will have quite the mess on you or the wall next to the changing table or the freshly cleaned outfit you were about to put him in...We have even had a few unfortunate incidences where Luca has hit himself in the face :-)
My sister-in-law got us one of these bucket tubs as a shower gift. We have not had a chance to use it yet since Luca is still too little to hold his head up, but I am glad to hear that they work so well! Can't wait to see you guys in December!

MaryJane said...

I love the nakey baby pictures. Can't wait to help with bath time!