Friday, July 9, 2010

Just another day...

I came home today after a long and stressful day at work. I left the house this morning at 9 AM and got home at 10 PM. I missed Si terribly today, as I do everyday I leave knowing I won't see him all day. I walked in the door, Si already sleeping peacefully in bed, tossed by work bag down and headed strait for the bathroom. As I sat there, a rare moment of quite in this crazy day, I thought about how chaotic it sometimes seems for Caleb and I to be balancing two full-time jobs and a master's program without using regular childcare. How chaotic it seems in general to be parents to a little boy (one year tomorrow!) who can be best described by the words 'energetic' 'curious' and 'walking'. Then I looked down to see the toilet paper was crumpled up and re-rolled onto the cardboard, a clear sign that Caleb had salvaged the roll after Si successfully TPed our bathroom (probably for the 10th time today!). And all of a sudden, the stress from the day disappeared, a smile spread over my face and I was reminded of how overwhelmingly joyful I am in the midst of the chaos.

0 comments: