Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mother's Day!

In honor of two amazing ladies...

I am so blessed to have a wonderful mom that has sacrificed so much for me over the years. She is a beautiful example of grace, strength and compassion. I am so thankful that she loves our son with every bit as much passion as she loved me! Thanks, Mom, for being the most wonderful mom and mooma! Siah can't wait to see you in a few weeks!

I am also blessed to have this beautiful lady in my life! I am so grateful that she raised the man I love to be a man of strength and integrity. She is a great mother-in-law and a fabulous grandma! We are all so excited to see you this weekend, Becky!

Siah will be going through his little photo album of faces and will be practicing the words Grandma and Mooma in anticipation of the coming visits!


...and Happy Mother's Day to me!!! I love being a mom! Everyday I get to watch this little person make new discoveries and gain more and more passion for life! What a great gig this is! Happy Mother's Day to all the mommies out there who make sacrifices every single day for their children. I love knowing that the adventure that I am now on is the most important thing God has called me to, the most challenging thing I could ever take on, and the most rewarding experience I could imagine!

I also have the incredible honor of working every day with another group of women who deserve honor. Yesterday was birth mother's day! I can't imagine a bigger sacrifice, as a mom, than to say good bye to your child in order to give them the kind of life you want for them. There is no greater love than to choose to give your child both roots and wings. The roots of their biological heritage and identity that will follow them in their smile, their gifts and talents and the color of their eyes. And to give them wings in the opportunities and love that are provided when a little child is placed in the arms of an adoptive family. Parenting, as I now know so well, is really about bringing as many people as possible around a child to love them. And isn't that truly what adoption is about? I love the birth moms I get the honor of journeying with. What incredible hearts they have! I am thinking about and praying for many of these women this weekend.

2 comments:

Ditto Family said...

Such a sweet post! We'd love to do a little photoshoot of Siah when you are visiting in a couple of weeks. We're not professionals but we're getting pretty good.

I love your tribute to birth mom's. I hadn't really thought about how today would be a challenging day. My brother and his wife are hoping that their second adoption in just a couple of weeks goes through smoothly. Love your words on roots and wings.

See you soon-

MaryJane said...

Thank you, darlin'. Sometime when I grow up, I want to be just like you! I love you.