Saturday, January 30, 2010

getting back into shape!

We really have come full circle this year. I remember writing a blog just about a year ago about our early 2009 kick-start into fitness. That whole deal lasted, in some form, through my pregancy, but after little Josiah came on the scene we have been painfully lazy. Ok, to give ourselves a break; preoccupied!

Well 2010 is our year for fitness....again. This time we are putting a little more monetary motivation into it. We have joined a gym complete with child care and classes and, most importantly, accountability. Seriously , if I don't mention the gym every once in a while in this blog, I want someone to comment...."hey, Anna, how's the gym?" or "worked out lately?"

We joined a few days ago and have been to two classes already. My goal is to gain about 10 pounds in muscle. It took my strapping on my tennies and sporting the workout clothes again to fully realize just how lanky I am. I was under the impression that my muscles would grow at the same rate as Josiah. Not so. What grew was my back ache, so here we are publishing the fact that we will be lazy no more! I won't tell what Caleb's goals are...but we decided that there would be some really exciting insentive at the end for meeting our goals!

Whether or not we were going to trust the child care center at the gym was a little touch-and-go or awhile, but we have gotten to a good place with them and they are very loving toward our little guy. I am very excited for the next time we have a Saturday afternoon together as a family because they have a family swim time so we can get Si in the pool...he will look so cute in his little swim trunks!

Here are some pictures from the last few weeks as Josiah has gotten more and more sturdy sitting up and has started to work on getting into the crawling position. I think we are a little ways off from actually crawling but he is certainly getting interested in getting from one place to another. We just started giving Si some finger foods along with the new baby foods we are trying. He just keeps getting cuter every day!


Caleb is great at putting Josiah (and himsself) to sleep.

He loves the backpack. This is perfect daddy/son time.









All my favorites within arms reach on a Saturday morning!

Josiah loves playing with his block-train set; but he loves the cardboard it came in a little better!



Josiah is full of smiles and giggles! We can't get enough!





This is exactly how I have always slept--on the tummy with one leg bent and one arm up. We are never quite sure where we will find Si each morning. He is full of surprises!

1 comments:

MaryJane said...

Perfect timing! I was just feeling very sorry for myself 'cause I haven't seen any new pictures of my little Si-guy, let alone seen him in person! I feel much better now! Thanks!