Tuesday, December 15, 2009

our most precious boy

The votes are in here in Arizona: Josiah looks exactly like his daddy!
We all think he is the spitting image of Caleb.
However, recently I was looking at photo albums of my family and of Caleb as a baby. I have to say, Josiah may look a little more like his mom....at least when I was a baby. What do you think?

Caleb

Anna

One thing is for sure: Josiah is WAY cuter than his parents!




Being a parent is the most incredible experience in the world! I've had the most vivid childhood memory lately of my own wonderful parents . I used to love falling asleep in the car, especially late at night on the way home from Nani and Papa's house or some similar location. The street lights creating a perfect, twilight glow and the motion of the car created the most peaceful, cozy environment. The best part though, was that I knew that my dad would carry me in to the house from the garage if I was still asleep when we got home. I loved that! I got really good (I think) at pretending to be asleep so I could get the carry-in. Well, now I get to carry Josiah into the house when he falls asleep in the car and there just is nothing better! I really do always think of my own childhood and truely feel most like a parent when my little boy folds perfectly into my arms, completely trusting, as I carry him inside and put him into bed. I hope he "pretends" for a long time, because I will never tire of this precious experience.


1 comments:

MaryJane said...

My heart and arms are aching for you guys--good thing tomorrow is almost here!